- It's located on Mountain Lee, Santa Monica Mountains.
- It's one of the most recognized landmarks in the world.
- It was built by 1923 by Harry Chandler to advertise the area 'Hollywoodland'.
- In 1949 the alphabets 'L', 'A', 'N' and 'D' were removed and it started to represent the Hollywood distict.
- Over time the sign began to deteriorate, but a public campaign started in 1978 ro restore it.
- In September 1932, the actress Peg Entwistle committed suicide by jumping off the letter 'H' of the sign.